Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness characterized by schizophrenia symptoms, such as experiencing hallucinations or delusions that have no connection to reality (but feel just as real to the person).
This schizophrenia test is for anyone who wants to see if they may have the symptoms commonly associated with a schizophrenia-specific disorder, such as schizophrenia or schizophreniform disorder. This test takes most people less than 2 minutes to complete and will provide instant results.
Instructions: Have your client answer the questions below based upon how he or she currently feels or has felt in the past month.
1. I believe that others control what I think and feel.
2. I hear or see things that others do not hear or see.
3. I feel it is very difficult for me to express myself in words that others can understand.
4. I feel I share absolutely nothing in common with others, including my friends and family.
5. I believe in more than one thing about reality and the world around me that nobody else seems to believe in.
6. Others don’t believe me when I tell them the things I see or hear.
7. I can’t trust what I’m thinking because I don’t know if it’s real or not.
8. I have magical powers that nobody else has or can explain.
9. Others are plotting to get me.
10. I find it difficult to get a hold of my thoughts.
11. I am treated unfairly because others are jealous of my special abilities.
12. I talk to another person or other people inside my head that nobody else can hear.
To evaluate answers from this test, go to psychcentral.com/quizzes/schizophrenia-test.